Donate or Purchase a T Shirt!

Background

My photo
My hobbies are historic preservation/restoration and auto racing. I own a blown nitro methane pro mod car. I utilize these interests to support our community by being an active member of the National Historic Preservation Society as well as the Byron Area Historical Society (BAHS) where I hold the office of Treasurer. I also serve as a co-chair for the Battle of Byron committee (BoB) and successfully organized the Annual BoB Car Show in addition to planning a historic tour of homes for the BoB Chili Fest

Houston & Peach News

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Follow

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I would like to congratulate Mayor Larry Collins.  The people have spoken and I will support him as I am able. 

I am a very lucky man.  You see, win or lose, I still accomplished what i set out to do.  I want the people of Byrn to be aware that change is coming and Byron's leadership needs to be prepared and plan for it.

I want to start out by saying Thank You.  Thanks to everyone who voted, thanks to anyone who played any part in this election.


I want to thank my family and friends who have given of their time and energy, without them, this moment would not have happened.

I want to especially thank Sam Schlafer.  Thank you Sam for your "can do" attitude, your impeccable work ethic and your unwavering belief that each and every one of us really can make a difference in the world around us.

I want to thank my wife, Julie, who has stood at my side through thick and thin.  Thank you Julie for believing in me and taking the time to help me see the world from another point of view.

I want to thank my daughter, Janelle, for always offering to lend a hand and always reminding me of  "who I am and what I represent".

Thanks to Ken Asbury of Ken's Pawn Shop in Byron.  Ken has been my sounding board and I do hope Ken will continue my education.  There is so much I need to learn.
I also want to thank my good friends, Doug & Paul, of Ayerbe & Cowart attorney's at law for their guidance and support.

Lastly, I want to thank all of my friends at Support Systems & Associates who have supported and been there for me during this election.  I work with a great group of people.

There is still a lot of work to be done and we as the citizens of Byron need to get to work.  I look forward to working with the members of the Byron City Council and intend to support them however I may.  Together, we can embark on a journey that will define who we are to become.  I again, encourage the citizens of Byron to get involved.  Let's pull together and build the town we can be proud to call home.

0 comments: